2007 Baseball Winter Meetings
- Updated: December 3, 2007
Pete’s Winter Meeting Predictions
- Johan Santana will no longer be a member of the Twins
- Coco Crisp will either be tagged as the starting centerfielder for the Red Sox in 2008 or he will be on another team
- Someone will show interest in closers Keith Foulke and Eric Gagne (possibly the Brewers, Giants or Braves)
- We will be closer to knowing who is serious about obtaining CF Aaron Rowand
- Billy Beane of the A’s will either make a move or set the groundworks for one, but it may not include Blanton or Haren just yet.
Questions that will go unanswered
- Were will Miggy Cabrera be playing in 2008?
- Where will AL Comeback Player of the Year, Carlos Pena be playing in 2008?
- Will player’s names be on the Mitchell Report?
Teams that Need to (or should) be active this week
- LA Dodgers: 3B, CF, SP – Torre & his staff can NOT be the only off season acquisition!
- Brewers: Closer and bullpen help to go along with a veteran pressence in the clubhouse
- Rays: 1B
- Phillies: SP, 3B, CF
- Braves: Closer, CF, SP
- Yankees: SP, RP, 1B
- Orioles: Closer, RP
- Reds: SP
- Pirates: Anyone of quality!
← Previous Story Major League Baseball Team Analysis: Atlanta Braves, Part 2