The fourth-annual David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic
- Updated: December 3, 2011
Step up to the plate with David Ortiz…
And help make a difference for kids in need.
The fourth-annual David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic will bring some of the biggest names in sports to the Dominican Republic this week in support of the slugger’s charitable efforts. Fishing Lodge Cap Cana, a Salamander Caribbean Resort that opened on Oct. 12, 2011, will play host to this year’s events, which includes a celebrity golf classic played at the world-renowned Punta Espada Golf Course in Cap Cana, DR. If you cannot make it to the Dominican Republic for the event there is still a chance to donate and help provide critical care services to children in need.
Fans can bid in this year’s auction! Bidding is going on now and some of the items that fans will bid on include:
• Hitting lessons from David Ortiz
• The chance to play catch with Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia
• Two (2) tickets for VIP access to Style360, a multi-day fashion showcase during New York Fashion Week
• A thirty (30) minute tennis session with Andy Roddick
• Two (2) US Open Suite tickets for one (1) day session during the first week of the Tournament
• A once-in-a-lifetime vacation for 12 people at the Golden Dolphin Villa located on the North Coast of
the Dominican Republic
• Autographed memorabilia from Red Sox players and other professional sports stars
The online auction bidding will be open until 3:40 p.m. ET on December 3, 2011, where items will then move live to the event. Online bidders will be represented by proxy on-site at the event.
You can follow the events from the weekend by following @davidortiz or @OrtizClassic or using the hashtag #OrtizGolfClassic on Twitter.
In its first three years, the Classic has netted more than $650,000 and has impacted hundreds of lives in New England and the Dominican Republic.