2014 ALCS Ticket Prices & How They Compare with Past Years
- Updated: October 6, 2014
Wow, who would have thought that the 2014 ALCS would come down to the Baltimore Orioles and the Kansas City Royals as both teams swept their opponents three games to none! It’s surprising that teams with Mike Trout, Albert Pujols & Josh Hamilton (Angels) and Miguel Cabrera, Ian Kinsler & Victor Martinez (Tigers) could be beat by two teams that had salaries of $48M lower between the Orioles and Tigers & $70M less between the Royals and Angels.
So with the Orioles & Royals advancing to the ALCS, I was sent the following ticket data about ticket prices for the series and also some historical data as well from our friends at TiqIQ.
- The current average price for the Royals home games in ALCS is currently $672.77, which is 32.09% higher than the Orioles possible home games ($509.32)
- The series average price between the O’s & Royals is $586.59, which is currently the highest priced LCS series since at least 2010 (2nd- Giants v Cardinals in 2012: $490.12)
- Here is the average price (Get in) for each of the possible ALCS games:
- Game 1 @ BAL: $474.97 ($240)
- Game 2 @ BAL: $464.43 ($245)
- Game 3 @ KC: $681.67 ($286)
- Game 4 @ KC: $659.39 ($259)
- Game 5 @ KC: $678.55 ($222)
- Game 6 @ BAL: $511.53 ($245)
- Game 7 @BAL: $629.66 ($261)
- The Orioles currently have the 4th and the Royals 3rd highest LCS home average price since 2010 (2013 Red Sox: $678.95/2012 Giants: $687.15)